Friday, January 14, 2011

drum roll.......

i haven't updated about my pregnancy at all and that makes me sad. \\sorry to leave you hanging about one or two babies. just one.\\ with steele i posted all the time about how i was feeling and growing. this round i am busy every single day and can't seem to find the time to post. steele is so much fun and i need to do a post about how adorable my son is. i'm constantly smiling and hugging him because he is absolutely the sweetest little boy. i was telling brett the reasons why i think i mesh well with steele. i think it's mostly because steele is a mini brett. the biggest resemblance is their mild and even tempered personalities. steele is shy and gets overwhelmed by crowds. he listens well and is disciplined easily. he says please and thank you even at the wrong times. my favorite thing to hear is "thank you mommy" in his sincere innocent voice after i give him anything. he is still so cuddly and loves to sit on my lab and play with my hair. obviously brett doesn't do many of these things but i really think steele is the perfect child for me because he has a lot of brett in him. 
now onto the real reason for this post, the baby! i'm 16 weeks 5 days and loving being pregnant once again. this time has been much more difficult because one, i have been much much more sick than with steele. morning or night it doesn't matter but even more so between 5-9pm. thank goodness for zofran because my life would be a wreck without it. i didn't even hesitate to call and get a prescription when i felt the sickness coming on. i loved zofran with my first pregnancy and knew i needed it to survive. secondly, entertaining an almost two year old around all day long really takes it out of you when you are pregnant. i find myself needing to lay down at some point in the day or i will start to get crampy. 
{14 weeks}
as most of you remember from my first pregnancy, i get very large very quickly. although last pregnancy i feel i was growing faster, i have been the same large belly self for about a month. i've had a belly from about 8 weeks on. i'm feeling a growth spurt coming on so i'll try to be better about belly pictures. 

{gender ultrasound}
\\i am going to have to start making it a point to look somewhat attractive in pictures. every picture i've posted the last two months i just look haggard. and the yellow lighting in a doctor's office (below) is not the most flattering.\\ 

by the profile, what do you think we are having?

we are having a....

...............little GIRLie girl!!
steele is going to be the best big brother to his little sister!
yes, brett will have his daddy's girl and then there is me who is more stressed about not having the money for a girl. i'm going to want spend way too much money on accessories and adorable outfits for our little girlie but that just can't happen. so i'll put my shopping, thrifting and crafting skills to the test. steele and her will be sharing a room so wish me luck with unisexing their space. i have some really fun ideas. 
we are extremely excited!!

14 comments:

Valerie said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting! Having a girl will be so much fun!

chloƩ said...

yay!!! i am soo excited for you guys! it was so good to see you yesterday too! we need to hang out soon!

stuartandbrittney said...

Yay!! Congratulations. You look fantastic.

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Congrats you guys! We are SUPER excited for you both!!!

Trevor Heidi McCoy said...

YEAH!!!! I was waiting for this post:) BTW, that picture of Steele walking Tea is the cutest thing ever! Especially the way he's smiling...sooooo cute!!

Nic & Trudi said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for another little girl. I'm excited for Nixon and Steele to become best little buddies too!

Kjerstin said...

Yay!! Girls are SO MUCH FUN!! I love having a little girl! FYI I know you are awesome at finding deals in the store, but I've found the best deals online. These days they do have too much girl stuff that I love and keeping the self control is quite a challenge. So excited for you :)

kelsey and murray said...

congrats em! i am sooo thrilled for you!! can't wait to see what she will look like.

Stephen and Ileana said...

Aww you look great Emily! Congrats to you all, little girls are soo much fun. And you are absolutely right about wanting to buy all the adorable outfits etc for girls. I go overboard a lot when it comes to shopping for my girls :) I just can't help it hehe.

n.davis said...

aww, her profile pic is sooo cute. Sophia actually looked like identical to hers, haha.

Congrats on the girl. I seriously can't wait to see the clothes she wears! They will be adorable! lets get together real soon to make some cute bows, flowers, and clips. :) soph needs some new ones anyways, her
hair is all sorts of funky right now. :D

Karly said...

Are u kidding me, she's going to be adorable! You are the best at thrifty and cute. If I move back to Utah u can dig through olivias clothes and use whatever u like. I am so excited for you!

grant + brittany said...

emily YES. i loved your comment and feel you hit the nail on the head. i hope my latest post doesn't come off bratty. i too only want to put her in clothes that i would wear myself! i'm exciting to see your ideas for unisexing their room because that could be challenging! congrats!

Keith and Charayye said...

Oh that is awesome! Congrats! You will love having a little baby girl! And Steele will be a great big brother! Vander loves his baby sister:)I will say to that it's so fun dressing a girl with all the fun cute things, but you will still love dressing your little boy to just as much! People say that it's funner with girls but I have just as much fun dressing Vander cute as much as Danielle! I am soooo happy for you guys! Just wait! You will LOVE seeing little Steele with her:) And btw you don't look haggard! you look great and I love your hair grown out like it is! I to know all about chasing another baby being pregnant! It gets hard huh?! But I found Vander kept my mind off of feeling sick wich was great! He kept me focused busy and happy!Anyway I'm writing so much but I am so happy for you guys:)Take care of yourself and congrats again!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Emily, congratulations!!! How fun, I really think that is just ideal, a boy and a girl. Now whatever happens in the future you'll just be happy because you both have your little girl and little boy :) I'm so exicted to see her, and hear the name you decide.

And you are not big at all!! Yes you have a belly, but only a belly. And that's kind of nice because you totally look pregnant, not just chubby, ya know? Anyway, you look adorable!!

And Steele is such a cutie. We should get together again, too bad we're not closer. Him and Cohen would totally be good friends.