Monday, March 15, 2010

this little piggy says "feed me, feed me!"




steele has inherited my eating habits. he is undoubtedly in trouble. he will eat and eat and eat. this was the reason for him looking like a little oiker when he was a baby. he didn't know when to stop then and still doesn't. he is now eating more and more, well i say "human food" but that doesn't really translate.


{signing for food}
in the morning when he wakes up, i put him in bed with me. for the past week or so he'll cuddle with me for a minute then sit up, grunt a little and start rubbing his chest. i have been teaching him a few words in sign language. this is him pleading with me to give him food (like i said he is practically a mongrel). it is amazing to have him communicate with me! he associates please with food because whenever he is banging on his tray for more food i always ask him to say please before i will give him more. the words he remembers the most are all words that he associates with food. this morning i finished nursing him and he sat up and started to sign more! as brett gave us both a hefty pout followed by "ahh sad" i convincingly said “maybe he wants more sleep…”. he wasn’t so convinced and neither was i. i will have to video him signing all the words he knows. it really is adorable when he puts his fingers together and signs more or food. today we worked on "thank you". i want to make sure he is a polite little boy!
{he'll eat this entire plate in no time and probably want more}
 
{steele's first sucker}

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sooo Cute! I love that his face is stained with Spaghetti Sauce.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Emily I have lots to say to you!

First, how long have you been teaching steele how to sign? Do you have a book on it? I've been wanting to try this with Cohen!

And I think it's so fun we have boys around the same age too. It's so nice hearing that other moms are going through the same things and completely understand. I loved your lengthy comment ;) And it's so funny, because although Cohen gets bored with his jumper and other toys... sitting him in his high chair with food will entertain him a lot longer too! ha.

I enjoyed your poem and your post below. You are a good writer. And I've had some of the same thoughts as well... but not very often because I guess I really don't care what other people think of my blog. I figure no one has a perfect life, and I don't expect to see "the bad" on blogs as often because I don't think people will want to look back on their blogs and want to remember the bad as much as much as they will the good. I know for me I only have so much time to blog and if I have to choose to blog about the good or the bad, I'll choose the good. For myself and for my family to remember, not to please others. It doesn't really bother me to see all the good things on other people blogs because I know that NO ONE has a perfect life, no matter what is or isn't on their blog. I love your blog emily! And I don't think there is anything wrong with it AT ALL. I find the good things inspiring and think you should just keep being you! Because no one is youer than you :) Sorry this paragraph is so long!

Anyway, I think it would be really fun to get together. Chloe mentioned it to me and I was actually going to come leave you a message about it. I'm not sure when we'll be in Orem next, but probably with the next few weeks or month. Should I just let you know when I find out and we can plan something?!?