Sunday, August 7, 2011

a very special day



Today Perry was given a name and a blessing by her Daddy. Brett gave such a heartfelt beautiful blessing. I couldn't help but get emotional as he held little Perry in a circle surrounded by loving Priesthood holders. What a blessing Perry is to all of her loved ones.

Today was the perfect day because she is exactly two months old today. It will be easy to remember her blessing day.

Perry's dress was very special. It is the same dress I wore when I was blessed, along with all of my sisters. My grandmother made it for us to wear on our special blessing day. I couldn't pass it up. I tacked down the collar so it didn't look too pilgram-esk. It turned out perfect. She also had a white hand crochet white blanket made by my Aunt Kristen.

I made her crystal headband and I love how it turned out. She wore a petite pink bracelet made by a friend of mine, Charayye. She looked so pure and beautiful, just how I've always pictures my little girl on her blessing day.

................................................

She then changed into her white "cocktail dress".... well that's what I called it. The other dress is very large and bulky and has a slip under the dress. She needed something a little more airy and flirty:)







Little Perry just started smiling for me! It's about time. Steele smiled at just a few weeks old so I have been waiting in anticipation for this. It's the first sign of affection and as a Mommy you need to feel the love right? She has smiled in her sleep a ton and off into the distance but she has just started looking at someone and smiling for them. She smiled at ME for the first time yesterday morning. My heart melted instantly.

Today I was determined to get a picture. I tried and tried and all I got on camera were a few half smiles. Well the two on the left are really the only two I got. The other two are just cute faces. But at least I got them. She is such a precious little girly.

We adore you Perry Winks!

7 comments:

kylee said...

baby blessings are always so special!

Jenn Overton said...

Those pictures turned out so cute. I can't beleive how big she is getting. So glad she is smiling!

n.davis said...

this is so precious! we just love you guys, and think the world of you!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh how cute is she... I need a little girl!! I'm so glad she's smiled for you now :) It's the best. Cohen smiled earlier than Graham too... ha it almost makes me feel like I haven't given Graham enough attention or something and he's not as happy! .. but I know that's not true.
Steeles hair is so blonde! And so cute. The proof of a good summer thing was hilarious..... guess cohen hasn't had as good of a summer cause he's only been to the pool once! I just can't take both of them by myself up here in logan. Anyway I'm glad you guys are having fun and keeping busy!

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Perry is so adorable! She looks so pretty in her blessing dress. Your hair is getting so long Em, I love it! Sounds like you guys are having a great summer, sure miss seeing you. We need to get together soon!

Sarah Nelson said...

Wow... I must be terrible at checking blogs! With all our packing and moving, all three of you girls managed to have babies right under my nose! Perry is adorable! You must be loving her to pieces. We live in Provo now and I would love to see all these cute new babies.

Karen and Mike said...

perry is so cute, glad blessing day was so great.